Frequently Asked Questions
How does my Event in a Box connect to the internet?
- All rental Event in a Box’s come with a 3GB SIM card embedded in the router. All you have to do is plug the router in.
- For our purchased boxes, we include a router and a modem but you will be responsible for purchasing the SIM card and inserting it into your modem. Our modem is compatible with T-mobile or AT&T, not Verizon.
- For both rental and purchased boxes, you can secure a hardwired ethernet connection from your venue and connect that to your router.
How long is my Event in a Box rental?
- Our default rental period is 5 days, including weekends. Your rental period starts on your requested delivery date. If your box arrives earlier than your requested delivery date you will not be charged for additional days. Additional rental days can be purchased for longer events or if you prefer additional days for setup and testing. Your box must be surrendered to FedEx (U.S. & Canada) by the end of the day on the last day of your rental period or you'll be charged late fees per day.
How do I know where my box is or when it will be delivered?
- You’ll receive a confirmation email as soon as your box is purchased to confirm that we received the order. From there, we want to keep your inbox clear until we have shipped the box. At that point, you’ll receive an email with your tracking information that you can keep an eye on things leading up to your event.
What happens if something gets damaged or lost?
- Unfortunately, we’re going to have to work with you to pay for a replacement of the item. Let us know as soon as you realize anything is missing or damaged so we can try to help mitigate the issue before it gets too expensive.
- Purchased Event in a Box Warranty
- Defects noticed within 30 days of purchase can be returned directly to Cvent for a replacement. Otherwise, hardware included in all purchased Event in a Boxes comes with a year-long limited warranty from the original manufacturer.
I’m based in Europe or my box is going to be ordered to a European country, anything I need to know?
- Just like with our North American service, we provide mobile broadband through Europe for our rental boxes. For our purchases, you will need to provide your own SIM card.
- Just like with our North American service, you will be responsible for dropping off your Event in a Box at a shipment location when you are finished with your rental. A prepaid label will be in the box to make this easy for you. In Europe, you need to actually schedule this pickup. Please make sure you take care of this at the beginning of your rental to avoid late fees.
- The router we provide and your different SIM choice setup is slightly different than our North American service. Please see our technical documentation for additional instructions.
Badge Stock Options
- All Event in a Box's include your choice of either single-sided or double-sided blank badges.
- Event in a Box printers support only black, dynamic printing. Any color on your badges will have to be pre-printed on custom badge stock that you can order from one of our partners.
- Interested in purchasing custom badge stock?
- How to order:
- Check the 'Yes, please contact me' box when ordering your Event in a Box and someone will get in touch with you within two business days.
- Talk to your Cvent Account Manager or support team and we'll get you in touch with the right people.
- What to order:
- Whether you're ordering fanfold, paper stock or adhesive stock, it must be direct-thermal. Thermal transfer stock is not compatible with Event in a Box printers.
- Badges must have a timing mark. Gap-notch or continuous stock options are not compatible with Event in a Box printers.
- Badge stock can be a maximum of 4" in width.
- We recommend ordering at least 30% more badges than your expected number of attendees.
What support do I receive with my Event in a Box?
All Event in a Box's come backed by Cvent's 24/7 customer support but you'll also receive the following:
With Rental Event in a Box's
- One (1) hour-long onboarding and training with a dedicated Cvent Project Coordinator
- One (1) hour-long remote window of support with a Cvent team member
- This window of support is intended for last minute questions and troubleshooting after you have received and attempted to set up your box.
With Purchased Event in a Box's
- One (1) 30-minute onboarding call with a dedicated Cvent Project Coordinator
- One (1) hour-long training with a dedicated Cvent Project Coordinator
- Three (3) hour-long windows of support with a Cvent team member to use within six months of purchase.
These windows of support are intended for last minute questions and troubleshooting after you have attempted to set up your box.
Note: Event in a Box orders made within five (5) days of the requested delivery date are eligible only for windows of support. No onboarding or training will be provided by a dedicated Project Coordinator. If you require training, please reach out to your Customer Success Consultant or Cvent's Customer Support team.
How do I get help with my Event in a Box?
- Someone from our support team will be reaching out to the person who ordered your Event in a Box within a few days to introduce themselves. Feel free to reply directly to your confirmation email if you have additional questions.
- For help with Cvent account setup, event and badge creation, or other product inquiries, please contact Cvent's Customer Care team.